Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 3

Hi everyone!

So last Thursday after I was finished emailing was like the funniest day of my life. We headed over to the temple to do temple work and we run into this tiny old lady named Rhonda. She stops us and is like, "Would you sisters like to hear a story?" We are all like, "Ya!" cause she's like the cutest thing. She says to us, "One night I woke up and I had the feeling that I should call all of my children and tell them to bless their houses. I got the prompting 3 times so I did it. Then a couple days later there was a tornado that ripped through that part of the countryside, but it missed all of my children's houses because they were blessed." At this point we were kinda looking at each other because we weren't sure if this lady was just standing in front of the temple to like speak blasphemy or what. But then she said, "I just had the feeling I should tell this story to everyone. You know so that they can hear my story. I've adopted it as some sort of mission of mine. And when you sisters go to teach the catholics and the prodestants tell them my story because they believe in the Melchizedek priesthood and they will be converted to Mormons." Hahaha so she almost made us late to our session but she was so funny. We gave her a hug and left. 

After finishing our temple work, we met this old temple worker sitting at the bottom of the stairs and he stopped us and said, "Aren't you ladies the prettiest things I've ever seen! I'm Napoleon Dynamite's grandfather!" What??? Hahaha he told us this long story about it and asked if we would teach him a cool word in Japanese. Oh! My favorite word is Sukinushi which is Savior in Japanese haha. You say it like Sku.ee.new.shi haha its super fun to say. Kabocha is pumpkin and momo is peach haha! 

Okay so I'm like getting so fat here. So anyone who really knows me knows I'm like super addicted to really yummy tasting fries because I love potatoes. I love hash browns, fries, tatertots like the whole deal! And guess what they serve in the MTC like every meal?? Potatoes! Like they literally have tatertots and curly fries from Arbys and hashbrowns for breakfast. Like I'm literally in heaven but my gut has grown substantially. And I guess it doesn't get better in Japan because the members feed the Americans tons of food because we have big bellies haha. And its super rude not to finish your meal....

Oh! At the temple last Thursday though we totally went to the cafeteria and had a REAL DINNER! It was steak and holy yum! It was so good!

During TRC's we taught this girl that just got home in October from her mission in Tokyo South. So we took time at the end to speak English to each other and she told us how amazing Japan is and how great president Wada is! She took a selfie with us and sent it to President Wada hahaha. 

We also taught the Sunday lesson this week to our district on the Book of Mormon. With every fiber of my being I cannot express how important it is for the spirit to be present when you're teaching any lesson. If the spirit is not in your lesson no one learns because he is the teacher not you. We asked questions and bore our testimonies on the truthfulness of the BOM and the spirit there was so strong it was like thick. Like almost a fog over the whole class. It was such a good experience teaching in English. We teach in Japanese every time. We never teach in English here. 

Sunday night we watch the movie Legacy hahahaha! If you've been to the MTC you know the riot that is caused by that movie. It totally has a door scene where he kisses her and you just hear all the elder's hooting and hollering hahaha! One of the presiding members had to get up and remind everyone that we were supposed to be reverent. Sister Law leaned over to me and was like, "they've kissed like four times." I leaned back over and was like, "who's counting??" hahahhaa! Needless to say our district is watching that every Sunday now. 

After that we went back into our classroom and Elder Harrell told us two of his 12 almost kissing stories from going to school at BYU hahahaha! We were dying! He's never kissed anyone but he's had like 12 opportunities that are like so awkward because he says he gets too scared to take it :'D  

Anyway hahaha I had a great week. This church is the true church! Turn outward and think of others before yourself. Instead of praying for things you need pray to be a tool in the Lord's hands so that he can lead you to the people who really need you. I know if you live your life in the service of others that's when you find true happiness because that's how the Savior lived.

Love,
Sister Fordiani <3




No comments:

Post a Comment