Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 2: Like where has the time gone?

So I got here yesterday and now I've been here for two weeks? I don't understand how that works. 

I've been working really hard on my Nihongo and now I can pray fluently and bear my testimony semi fluently! I working hard on learning lots of new words and SYL (speak your language) all the time. I understand a lot of what my sensei tachi teach now. I can pick out what they are saying when they speak to us. You can only learn so much here though. I think I'd learn faster being submersed in the language. You have to speak it constantly to really get the hang of the crazy sentence patterns. Instead of saying something in English with subject-verb-object, Japanese is subject-object-verb. So saying "God loves all of his children" turns into "God all of his children loves". I'll get it eventually with Kamisama's (God's) help :) 

We had our first TRC's a couple days ago. We taught a BYU student. The objective is to help that member or non member come unto Christ. So she was a member and had served in Fukuoka. We couldn't really talk to her but she shared her testimony with us at the end in Japanese and I got hit by a wall of the spirit again. I know God is telling me that I am doing the right thing serving him and I can't wait to find my brothers and sisters in Japan!

So study is all that we do here. Pretty boring. And I took way too much time answering emails today so that's all I got for ya'll. I'm sorry. Please enjoy these pretty pictures. 



So the first two are today! We were going to do laundry! We love P-day. Those are all the shimai (sisters) I'm rooming with and in my district. 

District=classroom
Zone=group of classrooms 


The last two are during and right after our temple walk on Sunday :) That's what our class looks like. We're really squished :) 

Love you all!

Sister Fordiani

No comments:

Post a Comment