Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 66 Happy Mother's Day/ Skype Day!

Hi!

Didn't April just go by so fast? I'm freaking out! Japan is getting
hotter and more humid every day hahaha oh no! And I'm getting ready
for the intense everyday rain of late May and June and then the
death-heat wave in July and August! Way pumped to bust out my fan and
sweat towel haha! Not.

Right now I'm going to the temple in the train and I'm squished up
against like 4 Japanese men... Ew haha.

Yesterday I talked to my beautiful family though skype! It was the
last time before I come home! WEIRD! Talking to them was so amazing! I
love all of them so much. It makes me more and more grateful every day
for the blessing that as I'm in the field they are protected and
blessed. And if I die in the next two-ish months, we'll be together
eternally as a family! Haha just kidding mom! They are so killer
though! I love you.

But Japan is literally the best mission in the world! I love it!
Here's some miracles from this last week:

On Saturday we had a Music Concert! We decided to bike the 5 miles
there instead of taking the train because it is cheaper and faster,
but man it was steady uphill 45 degree incline like the whole five
miles... If you've ever heard me talk about biking, I'll always
explain this one concept. So, in the world there are two kinds of
hills: super steep short hills and 45 degree long hills. So the first
one is easy, you just dismount your bike and walk it. But the second
kind is flat enough to bike, but too long to make it up the entire
thing... So that's what we dealt with haha. Our less active member
Nishi Shimai came and had a really spiritual time. My companion sang a
solo too and did really awesome!

We had dinner with the Tomita family. Their son just got home from a
mission in England. He's a CLASSIC returned missionary! It's soooooo
funny! You can tell he was just killer in the field though. The family
heard that I love sushi, so they went to Costco and bought us sushi
for dinner and cooked delicious veggies, salad, steak, and gave us
fresh gigantic grapes for dessert! I was in heaven. Soooo yummy!

Yesterday after skyping, we had an appointment with a woman named
Yayoi San. We were feeling pretty reluctant to meet her because the
missionary's teaching experiences with her in the past have been hard.
When we met her, she was dressed up all fashionably (had the cutest
shoes and hat!) and had such a cute, sassy personality to match! We
went out for tea and oh my gosh! I fell in love with her! She is so,
so, so, so, so awesome! She has two daughters and the cutest hobbies!
As we talked about our lives I taught her more about what we believe
and why. She has no solid interest to take sit down lessons, but she
has English interest and I can work with that!

I was also invited to our mission's MLC (mission leadership
conference) this last week. It was an incredible experience to be
trained by president Wada and all of the missionaries in this mission.
We have stellar missionaries my gosh! I was blown away by how awesome
they all are! And completely overcome by how incapable I am haha. Just
kidding. It's a little challenging being in a new area that needs lots
of work, BUT Tama is really awesome. And it's so beautiful, the ward
is great, and there are super cute people here!

Okay last thing! On Saturday night we were looking though our area
book and we found some names that we thought looked good to visit.
When we looked up their addresses the next day, we realized these
three P.I.'s live on top of a mountain... Haha sweet! So after church
we biked the mountain and it took like 2 hours and it was way hard and
awesome! On top of this mountain we couldn't for the life of us find
this p.i.'s house. I was getting nervous because it was getting dark
and we hadn't talked to a whole lotta people yet. So we asked a family
playing in their yard nearby if they recognized the address. They
pointed us to the apartment. We went and tried to contact the P.I. but
she wasn't home... I just got a feeling that we need to talk to the
family again, then I got really nervous which is a tale tell sign from
the Spirit that this is important. So we prepared something quick to
share with them and walked back over to say thanks for helping us with
the address. When we started talking to the husband we told him we
lived in Tama-center and he says: "Yes! I know you! I've been to your
church and I've read your bible and Book of Mormon before." Uh! WHAT!?
Turns out he was meeting with the elders 4 years earlier, but stopped
because he was really confused and couldn't understand what they were
teaching. BUT HE'S STILL INTERESTED! Oh my miracle! I was sooooooo
happy! And we found him on top of a mountain. Haha so crazy. The best
part was coming home. It took us only 30 minutes because it was all
downhill!

I love being a missionary!
Love,
Sister Fordiani

I ordered squid!
Two panoramas of Tama when we were on top of the mountain!
The music concert!
We rode past Squirrel Park on our way to Machida. (You feed and hold
squirrels there)
Avocado shrimp salad and fries. So Good.
My family on skype! My family is so beautiful!






No comments:

Post a Comment